Governor’s Glen Family and Friends
Governor’s Glen Assisted Living & Memory Impaired Community is participating in the 13th Annual Southern Crescent Walk to End Alzheimer’s.If you have participated in the past, we cannot thank you enough and we hope you will continue to support our efforts by participating again this year. The Southern Crescent Walk consists of corporate sponsors as well as team and individual walkers from seven counties on Atlanta’s south side. Over the last 12 years this walk has raised over 2 million dollars to provide programs and services to Alzheimer’s patients and to help find a cure. We are pleased that eighty percent of the funds raised in Georgia stay in the state to support families dealing with this disease.
- Alzheimer's disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States.
- One in eight older Americans has Alzheimer's Disease.
- It is the only cause of death among the top 10 in the United States that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed.
- Two thirds of employed caregivers of people with AD report having to go to work late, leave early or take time off due to care giving needs.
- Today over 200,000 Georgians suffer from Alzheimer’s disease.
This year’s Walk to End Alzheimer’s will once again take place at the Frederick Brown, Jr. Amphitheater parking lot in Peachtree City on Saturday, October 6th. Please join us as a sponsor and encourage your employees to form a team to represent your business.Enclosed you will find information on the benefits of your donation at various levels.
We look forward to you joining our sponsorship team.If you have questions about the walk, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.southernalzwalk.org.
Sincerely Rebecca Fitzgerald
Chair for Clayton and Henry Counties